According to the Seoul Central District Prosecutors’ Office, Thursday, a 37-year-old woman, surnamed Lee, sued former Vice Justice Minister Kim Hak-eui on Tuesday, insisting that she was raped by Kim at a villa owned by businessman Yun Jung-cheon in Gangwon Province and that Kim recorded the incident.
She also accused Yun Jung-cheon, who was placed behind bars last year for fraud, breach of trust and other illicit acts, of taking part in the videotaping of Kim raping her.
The controversial video footage that reportedly showed Kim having sex with a woman surfaced last year, attracting keen public attention. The footage led the prosecution to begin a probe. Kim faced allegations that he had sex with a women hired by Yun and used illegal drugs in parties held at the businessman’s vacation home in Gangwon Province between 2006 and 2008. However, Kim was cleared of charges in November.
The prosecution said it tracked Kim’s whereabouts at the time of the incident through mobile phone positioning and found he was elsewhere. Investigators closed the case, citing a lack of evidence. It also said the statements of witnesses were inconsistent. At the time, Lee said the woman appearing in the footage was not her.
However, Lee changed her story and now says that it was her having sex with Kim. She also accused Yun of forcing her to have sex with five businessmen.
In a recent interview with a local daily, Lee said she decided to come clean as it was hard for her to live a normal life without revealing the truth. ”I decided to ask the prosecution to reopen the case because I wanted people to know the truth. I don’t want to hide anymore. I haven’t committed any crime and will not be held down like a slave,” Lee said.
The prosecution said investigators will go over Lee’s petition to check whether there is something uncovered by the previous investigation.