60% of Korean actresses unable to resist sexual advances by chaebol bosses?
“Almost 60 percent of (the 111 actresses who responded to a survey by the Korean Women’s Development Institute) said they believed rejecting sexual advances would disadvantage their careers, and 48.4 percent said they had in fact lost out on appearances on shows because they refused.”
That means approximately 20% (11.6% of 60%) always provided sexual favours for Korean bosses to get jobs, and the other 40% sometimes didn’t provide sexual favours for some chaebol bosses and thereby sometimes lost jobs but got jobs at other times?
“Chaebol bosses were cited as the most common group of people seeking sex with the stars, cited by 43.9 percent of respondents, followed by TV producers and directors with 38.6 percent.
Among aspiring actresses surveyed, 72.3 percent were forced to go on a diet and 58.7 percent said they were told to have plastic surgery.
“Each year, 48,000 aspiring actresses graduate from various acting schools in major cities, and there is no way of telling how many more women are hired by small talent agencies,” a National Human Rights Commission official said.”